Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Here comes my Winter Holiday

           Finally, the time has arrived. After all the back to back events, my true holiday is finally here! I have been so busy after Spm. Stressful and tiring at the same time. Well, it isn't the same kind of busy or stress like the one during examination lol. It's just, too much events and activities back to back for two weeks! 

Helping out in Vacation Bible School once a year is already tiring but helping out twice can really drain out your energy. Imagine children as young as 4 years old concentrating on what a teacher is speaking. It's quite impossible isn't it. Their attention lifespan is like what? 1 minute?! But not all kids are these young.The kids are really adorable no matter what age are they. It's really amazing how they can actually enjoy something i thought it was kind of lame. But children are childrens, their mind are clean and innocent. That is one good point about being a young child. 

One of the prizes the children can win at the end of VBS. A BABY TARANTULA . omg.


And A Venus Flytrap.




Interesting isn't it? lol


So yesterday, I started feeling so excited about my trip to Japan! It's not like I was never excited. Just the fact that I will not be staying in Tokyo / or near Tokyo made me a little disappointed. My host family stays up North in Akita. I have to travel another 4-6 hours to Akita after I reached the airport in Narita. But the reason why I was happy because I will have to go Tokyo from Narita to catch a bullet train to Akita. Conclusion , I will be stopping by Tokyo at least! It will be nice if my host family could bring me around Tokyo for a few days. But I felt like it was quite impossible as the travelling cost is expensive and the distance from Akita is quite far. Further than Kuala Lumpur to Penang. 

Akita is a prefecture of Japan located in the Tōhoku region of northern Honshu, the main island of Japan. I read that people in Akita dominates traditional industries. Akita is also famous for rice farming and sake. This probably means that there will be plenty of sake to drink during winter lol. Onsen are also famous there. It makes me nervous thinking about hot spring in Japan lol. Err, naked in Public bath outside?  omg 


My own name card lol. The truth is, I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am nervous about the cold weather but I am more nervous about communicating with my host family. Both of my host families cannot speak English and I am not good in Japanese either. Even though I know some words,  it isn't enough to communicate well . I exchanged about Rm 1000 for 30000 Yen. Man, this hurt my wallet . Rm 1000 felt so much when the 30 000 Yen was only 3 pieces of 10000 Yen. lol. It felt so little. lol 

Packing clothings for a winter holiday can be quite a pain. My luggage gets loaded with things fast because the clothings are so thick and huge. I even brought Malaysian traditional snacks over for my host family. Also bought some souvenirs and brought Bak Ku Teh spices so that I can cook for them :)  

Three weeks oversea, I am going to miss Malaysian food. The first thing I'll eat when I get back next year is definitely Roti Canai lol.  I had Lao Sao Pao before I left. I'm going to miss the flowy egg yoke custard inside it. Hopefully I'll get to eat something better than all this in Japan. :D Can't wait for a good ramen! 


Btw, Merry Christmas! I know it's early but I will not be blogging till next year. Follow me in instargram to follow my updates ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts